asana < — –> Slack < — -> asana
Two way Integration
asana as: Project Management System
Slack as: Communication to clients as well as conversation with internal team
Usability of Integration:
- Manage Client Conversation Through Slack
- Individual Conversation with team members through Slack.
- Add task, assign Task, Comment on Task, Complete the task in asana without leaving the Slack.
How to Integrate:
- Login to asana
- Click on Help
- Select apps and integrations
- Select Slack from the app directory
- Scroll Down and click on Visit Slack if you already having the slack account or Sign up for a Slack account.
- Enter the Team URL.
- Enter Slack Login Credentials.
- Select Channel for the Posting or Create a new channel in Slack and click on Add asana integration.
- Choose Workspace and associated Project/s.
- Provide Descriptive label, if required.
- Customize icon, if want your own icon to be shown up in conversations in Slack.
- Customize Name, if you want a specific name to be shown when activities posted through this integration.
- Click on Save Integration.
- List of commands which can be used in Slack for the quick actions to be performed in asana without leaving the Slack, are given below.
- To create a task: /asana add Create Demo
- To specify a project when creating your task: /asana add Create Demo to Project-1
- To assign the task to someone else when creating it: /asana add Create Demo to Project-1 @zapcreek
- To list all tasks in your workspace: /asana list
- To comment on a task: /asana comment ID Top priority!
- To complete a task: /asana complete ID [note]
help [ID= Task id]